Ingredients for the pikelets
- 2 Cups Cambrooke MixQuick
- 1 tsp Dutch cocoa
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
Ingredients for the chocolate spread:
- ½ -1 cup water
- 2 tsp Dutch cocoa
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp Nuttelex, softened
- 1 tsp Coffee Mate
To serve: Berries (optional)
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl. Slowly add in water and vanilla paste/essence while whisking. Check your consistency of your pancake mixture
as you may need to add more water depending on how thick the mix is.
- Spray frypan with oil, heat on medium heat. Once pan is heated, pour desired amount of batter.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes (or until it starts to bubble) and flip on the other side for another 2 minutes.
- For the Chocolate Spread, add into a bowl sifted icing sugar, cocoa and Coffee Mate. Stir in the Nuttelex and mix. Slowly add water to achieve desired
- Serve pikelets with the Chocolate Spread and berries (or whatever topping and spread you like). Serve fresh or store in fridge for later use.
Prep/cook: 5-10 mins/15 mins
Makes 10 Pikelets, Serving size1 Pikelet
Energy 92 kcal, Protein 0.1 g, Carbohydrates 19g / Sugar 4g.